Hingham, MA Estate Administration Attorney
Settling Estates for Families throughout Plymouth County
Upon someone’s passing, the family members they leave behind are tasked with administering their estate. This can be a major undertaking even if the deceased’s estate was modest. The process is best navigated with the support and guidance of a trusted attorney.
At Sawin Law, P.C., our estate administration lawyer in Hingham offers comprehensive counsel to family members who are wrapping up the loose ends of their loved one’s estate. Whether your family member had a will or not, we can help you navigate the process, ensure that their wishes are carried out, and resolve the case as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Talk with one of our estate planners for a free 30-minute confidential consultation – just call 781-410-4177.
Our Plymouth County Estate Services
Losing a loved one is never easy, and the experience can be compounded by the estate administration and probate processes. At Sawin Law, P.C., we strive to do the heavy lifting for our clients to ease their burden and facilitate a successful resolution.
Our estate services include:
- Estate planning: We can help you draft a comprehensive estate plan that will provide for your loved ones and give detailed instructions upon your passing.
- Health care proxy: This document lets you name someone as your proxy – essentially an agent – to make healthcare-related decisions on your behalf in the event that you are incapacitated.
- Last will and testament: Your will is the keystone of your estate plan. We can help you draft or update a will as needed. We can also help you assess, interpret, and implement your loved one’s will upon their passing.
- Living wills: A living will is a document that informs people – namely family members and doctors – about your desired end-of-life medical care.
- Powers of attorney: We can help you draft and implement a power of attorney, which allows you to name someone to make health, financial or business decisions on your behalf.
- Probate: If you cannot settle the deceased’s estate through voluntary administration, the estate will enter probate. Probate is the process through which the decedent’s assets are distributed and their debts are paid off. At Sawin Law, P.C., our Hingham estate administration attorneys have experience navigating probate for estates with and without a will.
- Trusts: A trust is a useful tool that allows you to pass assets onto beneficiaries while minimizing hassles and fees. Trusts are particularly useful if you are setting aside money for a minor child to use later in life, or if you are establishing a legacy of charitable giving.
How an Estate Administration Attorney Can Help You
Amid the grief of losing a loved one, families are tasked with settling their estate. At Sawin Law, P.C., our estate administration attorney in Hingham is here to help. We provide compassionate and client-focused representation because we believe that you deserve legal counsel that prioritizes you and your family.
We Will Go the Extra Mile to Protect Your Rights
High-Quality Legal Service Focused on Client Results
A Compassionate, yet Fierce Advocate on Your Side
Attorney Sawin is a Marine Corps Veteran who Cares about His Community
Free 30-Minute Initial Consultation