Filing for Divorce in Hingham, MA
A do-it-yourself divorce might work for some people, but having a family law attorney on your side to protect your rights and interests can dramatically impact the outcome of your case and result in a more favorable settlement. A lot will change after your divorce is finalized, so you’ll want to make sure the court orders you are left with at the end will set you up for success as you start the next chapter of your life.
At Sawin Law, P.C., we are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the divorce process and avoid common pitfalls along the way. Our divorce attorney takes the time to get to know each client personally to better serve them and meet their unique needs. We help clients file for divorce in Hingham and throughout Plymouth County.
Tackling Your Divorce One Step at a Time
The divorce process can be overwhelming to say the least. Our firm represents people from all walks of life and takes great pride in delivering personalized representation that yields results. Though we strive to resolve your divorce without going to court, we are prepared to litigate when we feel it is necessary.
We can assist with all aspects of your divorce, including:
- Contempt: If your ex-spouse is failing to adhere to a court order you established during your divorce – such as an alimony, custody, or child support order – we can help you hold them accountable and find them in contempt of court.
- Visitation: If you and your divorcing spouse have children together, you’ll have to establish custody arrangements. If one parent receives sole custody, the other will likely have court-ordered visitation (known in Massachusetts as parenting time).
- Alimony: Not all divorcees are ordered to pay or receive alimony, but spousal support may be ordered in situations where one spouse did not work or had a significantly smaller income than the other during the marriage.
- Marital agreements: Whether you need help drafting an agreement or enforcing one during your divorce, we are here to help.
- Modifications: If a court order you received during your divorce no longer reflects your needs or circumstances, you can request a modification. Our divorce lawyer has extensive experience with post-judgment modification cases.
Call Sawin Law, P.C. Today
The beginning of the next chapter of your life starts with a call to Sawin Law, P.C. We are here to help you file for divorce in Hingham or anywhere in Plymouth County. Rest assured that your case is in good hands at our firm.
We Will Go the Extra Mile to Protect Your Rights
High-Quality Legal Service Focused on Client Results
A Compassionate, yet Fierce Advocate on Your Side
Attorney Sawin is a Marine Corps Veteran who Cares about His Community
Free 30-Minute Initial Consultation