Fathers' Rights A Fierce Advocate On Your Side

Fathers’ Rights Lawyer in Hingham, MA

Protecting Parental Rights throughout Plymouth County

Today, mothers and fathers have equal rights in family law cases, but it wasn’t always like that. Historically, fathers have been less likely to enjoy equal access or custody of their children. Though courts have removed that gender bias from our laws, it may still linger in the court system and affect a father’s innate parental rights.

At Sawin Law, P.C., we are committed to fighting for fathers throughout Plymouth County and protecting their rights. Our fathers’ rights lawyer in Hingham handles all types of cases, including paternity, custody, visitation, and child support.

See how we can help you by calling 781-410-4177 or contacting us online.


If you have a child out of wedlock, the mother is automatically granted sole legal and physical custody until you establish paternity. Establishing paternity may require the father to undergo DNA testing to prove his parentage. Once paternity has been confirmed, you will have equal access to your child and can create a custody order and parenting plan.

Some of the many benefits of establishing paternity include:

  • The child receives financial support from both parents, and mothers receive the support they need to raise their child
  • Biological/legal fathers can exercise their parental rights and enjoy custody/visitation time with their children
  • Children enjoy a relationship with both parents as well as extended family members
  • Children will be eligible to receive inheritances from both parents
  • Children will know their family’s medical history

Our fathers’ rights lawyer in Hingham has extensive experience representing both alleged fathers and mothers in paternity cases.

Child Custody & Child Support for Fathers

Judges have broad discretion when determining custody. As long as you have been established as the child’s biological/legal father, you should have an equal right to custody of your child as the mother. If the child’s mother is an unfit parent, you may even be granted sole custody.

The same principles apply to child support determinations. If the child’s mother has sole custody, the courts may require you, the father, to pay child support. We can make sure you do not overpay (or under-receive, if you have sole custody) child support.

At Sawin Law, P.C., our goal is to present your case effectively to the judge to ensure that your parental rights are not violated simply because of your gender. We are prepared to stand up and fight for you no matter how challenging the case may seem.

Call us at 781-410-4177 to discuss your situation with our Hingham fathers’ rights lawyer.

Why Hire Us?

  • We Will Go the Extra Mile to Protect Your Rights
  • High-Quality Legal Service Focused on Client Results
  • A Compassionate, yet Fierce Advocate on Your Side
  • Attorney Sawin is a Marine Corps Veteran who Cares about His Community
  • Free 30-Minute Initial Consultation

Read What Our Clients Have to Say

  • “I was going through a pretty ugly custody battle. The process is hard enough to navigate but with the times being what they are in 2020 I couldn't imagine going through this without Chris's help. I ...”

    - Former Client
  • “I have known Chris for quite some time and am consistently impressed by his character and professionalism. I see Chris every Tuesday for a networking group and each week he has another success story ...”

    - William F.
  • “I engaged Attorney Sawin on a difficult estate planning issue with a family member, and had a great experience. He was knowledgeable, professional, and was able to clearly and concisely answer our ...”

    - Tad B.
  • “Chris was absolutely great to work with. He is technically proficient and a wealth of knowledge. His work ethic and tenacity were two things that stood out to me. I would recommend him to anyone that ...”

    - Dave C.
  • “I have consulted with Christopher Sawin a few times over the last two years and I always find that he has my best interest in mind and will go the extra mile to guide me in the right direction. I ...”

    - Cliff A.